Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm done!

I give up. I just lost out on a role because I “looked too young”. Then they cast someone who is about 10 years younger than I am. I should be flattered but I am so pissed off that vanity can’t get a toe-hold in my dark mood. What’s the point of anything? What’s the point of dieting to be thinner? Of using face cream to keep those wrinkles away? I should just blow up and look like shit and maybe then I could catch a break! By the time I get to play roles my age I'll be too old and feeble to learn the lines!

I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s been too long and my arms are tired from treading all this water. I need to let go but letting go means surrendering to a power I no longer believe in. When I hung up the phone having received this left-handed compliment I drained the remaining ice-cream in the freezer and polished off the rest of last night’s bottle of wine. Stick a fork in me; I’m done.

2 comments:

  1. If you ARE really done, this would be the perfect time to LET GO. The higher power to believe in is of course yourself. Let the beast in you out.
    Long may you reign.
    I'm very happy you look so wonderful
    I'm very happy you ARE so wonderful

    That was a nice wine wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would I be without my number one supporter? And yes, the wine was excellent! Thanks for leaving some in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete