Thursday, September 16, 2010

Too Busy to Breathe

I'm afraid I am in so far above my head... I spent the day playing with Google. Well, part of the day. The rest was spent cleaning, something I am incapable of doing flat out so I pepper the effort with eating, working on the computer and watching TV. So while I watched "House" and "NCIS" reruns, did the laundry, cleaned the living room, kitchen, two bathrooms, our bedroom and exchanged my summer clothes for my fall/winter clothes, I got myself a Google Voice phone number for my Stray Kats Theatre Company, set up a second Google account attached to my other email address which is attached to my website, and got another Google Voice number for my acting career which makes it look like I live in New York and not in "Bumfuck" as my kids so lovingly call it. Are you as confused as I am? When I tried to post this blog entry Icouldn't remember how to sign in. Too many passwords and usernames. I've either got it straight now or have just complicated my life to the point of insanity.

It has been a strange week. My husband, freaking out when the temperature dropped to the 60s, dashed off to spend a week in Florida with my Mom and brother. I was concerned that his delirium at being in the tropics would wear off after 24 hours and they would kill each other, but he's coming home tomorrow and they all still seem to be happy. (Actually, they're having a ball! Why is it never so peaceful and cheery when I am there too?)

I am still recovering from the back to back marathons of Giants and Jets opening days at the New Meadowlands Stadium last Sunday and Monday. Just getting there was a trip (and I mean that literally and figuratively), waking at 4 a.m., deer-dodging down the Saw Mill River Parkway (I have NEVER seen so many deer) and then almost being blind-sided by one poor, lost, terrified buck on the 8-lane approach to the Tappan Zee Bridge. (What WAS he doing there?!) Two 14 hour days of non-stop catering. We made more coffee than Starbucks! And forget about the beer! I returned home to prepare for the start of my acting classes the next night only to discover I had two students. Then three. I called them to cancel. Then another call and bingo, I had four. I uncancelled. Then only three showed up. I did the class anyway. Then one dropped out because they wouldn't let her pay in installments. I'm sorry, but is there anyone out there who can just plunk down a chunk of change these days? It's fine with me!!! I just want the students! Pay when you can! But no, she's gone. So now I'm down to two. Guess I'll be cancelling that by next week. I'm trying to look past the fear and see the message: What am I supposed to be doing? Meanwhile, I juggle: NMS, Stray Kats, Seven Angels, Play With Your Food, "Cheesecake Proposal" (I'm directing), Flagpole Radio Cafe (I'm going to be acting), and cleaning the house. Is it any wonder I'm confused?

No comments:

Post a Comment