Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Birth Day

Found this in my docs. Wonder what else is in there!

Birth Day

Everybody has one.
The very young and the very old look forward to it.
Everybody else would just as soon forget about it.
They lie about it, try to ignore it, wonder how the hell this happened.
They view it as some view a cliff;
As something you can never come back from.
I view it as more like a slide;
A giant slide.
A long glide
That begins the moment you come spurting into the world
All red and slippery
To the moment you land
Wherever it is that the slide ends.
Some think you land in a garden
Or a cloud…
I hope it is a pool.
Much nicer to land in a pool
Than on unforgiving ground.
No matter how grassy
That landing would be hard.
And I’ve flown through the clouds.
No support there.
Better to slip into some delightfully cool water
With frolicking swimmers of all ages,
Because some get down the slide faster than others.
Unnaturally fast.
Unfairly fast.
But I am ahead of myself.
I'm still on the slide,
Fortunate,
Gliding toward my destiny
See you in the pool.

Meanwhile, enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment