Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stuck

I’m stumped, stymied, stuck in the muck of my mind and I can’t get out! Days have gone by. I have started several posts and have been so bored by them all that I have refused to publish them. I apologize, faithful readers. My Mom has now called twice to see if “everything is all right”. I’m fine; I’m just not very interesting these days. Perhaps someone should invent one of those pendants they advertise, only instead of calling for help when you’ve fallen or are ill, you could press the button for inspiration. Someone will come on the line and in a voice filled with objectivity will ask if you have an emergency and you will cry from the depths of your soul, “Yes! I am boring!” And minutes later, something interesting will be delivered to your door.

Okay, a funny thing. Because we live in a society where famous people who can’t speak their native language very well (that being English) are constantly called upon to comment on the TV or radio, I get at least a daily chuckle. Today’s chuckle came courtesy of the coach of the NY Jets, a stupid thing in and of itself since the Jets play in New Jersey. Anyway, he was talking about the recent lapse in the defense, and said they failed to “go for the juggler.” Now I am a sports geek; Ill watch any spectator sport, especially if there’s nothing else on, and I watched the Jets vs. Miami Dolphins on Sunday. I did not see a juggler! Was there a giant Dolphin Mascot that juggles balls on the sidelines that Gang-Green failed to take-out, thus demoralizing the team Miami offense so they would collapse? Or could he have meant they failed to “go for the jugular”? Nah, too simple.

My Dad, God bless him, taught me to speak English by the constant-correction-at –dinner-time-mode. It was annoying and frustrating as I had a lot to say and he was always interrupting, but I learned a lot and was ultimately grateful. I do not keep my jewlery in a safe in case of a nucular attack. A split infinitive sets my teeth on edge. And no one will ever go with him and I anywhere!

Kids today seem to be taught to write without regard to spelling or grammar, encouraged just to get their thoughts down on paper. Perhaps that’s my problem. I shud just rite wat I feeeel and stop wurying about the detales.

No comments:

Post a Comment