Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My husband is jealous because people are reading and enjoying my posts! I have to admit, I’m kind of surprised and not a little pleased at the reaction so far. Thank you, friends; I needed that! He’s talking to me again as I write this and, because of that dual focus thing I talked about in my first post, I hear snippets:

· “They like it? What do they mean?”
· “Don’t forget to call the doctor tomorrow; why don’t you put that in your blog?”
· “I’m going to do a naked blog!”

My mother called a little while ago to tell me she read my last post and offered to make me a Lifetime Member of Hadassah. She also asked if I had received any money today because my horoscope in Florida predicted I would get a large sum of money and cautioned me not to go crazy spending. Here in Connecticut I returned home after shopping at Loehmann’s to discover that my unemployment benefits had expired. Those stars sure are funny. Is it the longitude? Is everything opposite north of the Mason Dixon line?

The note neatly typed on my last check said that if I was collecting EUC benefits I should keep filing but if I was collecting EB benefits I was done. Oh my God! I’m done! I think… I don’t know which E I was collecting! But it’s been two years, for God’s sake! You can’t get blood from a stone! They expired once when that SOB GWB was still in the White House and were extended thanks to Obama’s stimulus package but, apparently, I’ve been over-stimulated. Now what?

And speaking of stimulus, an editorial on the radio this morning said the economy was not recovering because consumers were not cooperating; they were not spending the money that was being given to them. So I succumbed to my husband’s plea to go to Loehmann’s for the 40% OFF YELLOW TAGS, 60% OFF PURPLE TAGS clearance sale and do my patriotic duty. What a kick in those cute little pants! I guess I’ll have to be unpatriotic and return them.

No comments:

Post a Comment